4.25.2012

Emerald Cup!!

 

The First One is Done! I made it!!
see my facebook photo album of the journey

For those of you who have been following the blog, I have finally achieved a goal that I've kept in mind for about six years. I have so much gratitude for this expirience, I'm overwhelmed. For so many times, I had wanted to give up but I kept faith in God and remembered my reasons for getting up there, which were my clients (both current and former).
One of the best parts of the day was being backstage and feeling like I had conqured something monumental. And not only that, but become an entirely new woman. One of my biggest fears is that I would get to the stage and look like someone who doesn't belong. I trained and dieted so hard with that fear in mind. That my past obesity would forever hold me back. But there I stood, amoung nearly 200 beautiful bikini women, and I felt like I fit in. I felt like I had worked hard enough, and I finally fit in. Everything I've done for so long has been directed and focused on that short period of time that I spent on stage.
I felt great onstage. I loved the fact that I got to make new friends at the show and get closer to my teammates! Some of us got real close glueing eachothers suits on! It was so amazing, the amount of energy and support all the competitors gave each other.

Placing 5th in my divison and getting a statue really is overshadowed by the journey and expirience. I want all of my clients to have moments like this! I feel like I can conqure anything after all the time I spent dealing with my deamons and exposing my stomach for the entire internet to see!!

I can't wait for my next show in 3 1/2 weeks, the Oregon Ironman on May 19th and I invite everyone to attend. This time, I'm coming in with expirience and a bit more confidence. I hope to score another tiara!

No comments:

Post a Comment